Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pretty Baby...

Pretty Baby by the Spin Doctors.
I am at work and this song comes on. It explains me in a nutshell.


“Look around your world pretty baby
Is it everything you hoped it’d be?
The wrong guy the wrong situation”

And look into your heart pretty baby
Is it aching with some aimless need
Is there something wrong and you can’t put your finger on it?

And I don’t think I have ever seen a soul so in despair
So if you want to talk the night through
Guess who will be there

So don’t try to deny pretty baby
You’ve been down so long
You can hardly see

When the engines stall and it won’t stop raining
It’s the right time to
Roll with me
Roll with me
Roll with me”

I have been in a dang slump for a while now. And I really can’t put my dang finger on it. Is it work, my living situation or just nothing? I want to be that Natalie that was freaking awesome months ago who was confident and wore a smile more then tears rolling down her face. I have now invested in waterproof mascara.

I am searching for that little light in me that shown bright. Trying to find that happiness I lived for. It seems that whether it’s a roommate I never see, a boy who attempted to break me, a job that is physically making me ill, I am allowing it to break me. That’s not who I am. I have gone through way worse, have struggled harder and cried longer. This shouldn’t put my soul in despair.

I just have to reach a little deeper, see that boys should still have cooties, and that there will always be a Monday that sucks to go to work. I have a beautiful heart, and a smile that will help someone’s day. I have two dogs that love me, a mother that stands by me, and just that… those things make me a pretty lucky girl if you ask me 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...