Monday, September 19, 2011

Can you Hold me Together...

The phone kept ringing. No answer yet again. I knew it would be the last call I would make where I heard:

“Can you hold me together
Can your love reach down this far
Can you hold me together
Cause without you holding my heart
I’m falling apart”


Sadly I wasn’t listening to the words of the song. I was hoping, praying that the call would be answered, for the words that I had been wanting to hear come from the other side. But it was silent. And so was I. How could I have believed that he could hold my life together when I couldn’t hold it together myself?

I turned on the radio, hoping the Christian station would give some inspiration, some “light” that could help my hurting heart. This song was playing, the same song that I heard while calling, except this time instead of looking at it as a guy holding my heart I looked at it as God holding my heart. How could this be? Instead of just part of the song, it was the entire song singing to me, just for me:

“I’m feeling stronger
with you by my side
And I realize you are my hope...”

Wishing, hoping, that he would save me, a boy who wouldn’t cherish me truly as much as God. Letting myself be used and looking for fault in the other person, instead of looking at me. Seeing what I wasn’t seeing, that my broken heart wasn’t going to be fixed by a guy who didn’t care about it. People say things happen for a reason, and maybe this was a gift in disguise. A gift that would hurt but only makes me stronger. When I look farther into the song it says “Will you stay with me when nobody is around.” So many times I have put faith in men and more often then none I get disappointed. The hardest part for me is in the beginning I see a great, smart, sweet guy, but after I the honeymoon stage or my real bitch side comes out, that’s when things change. But I need to look at God knowing that when nobody is around, he is, and he is going to cherish my heart because

“ His plan for my future has always been filled with hope (Jermiah 29:11) because I’m his treasured possession “ (Exodus 19:5)

So the real question is when “ I keep floating not knowing if there is more for me, and I’m going under, and afraid that I might drown” and  “I’ve been wounded” will I reach for a guy that will leave me disappointed or reach for the guy “from what I hear has the remedy”… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...