Monday, September 5, 2011

Life is Short...


I thought about writing something that really frustrated me. I kept writing, kept erasing. I was so frustrated. When I looked back at the writing I couldn’t find a justification to belittling someone that just didn’t deserve it. Yes I was mad. Not truly at the person. This person tried and tried to win my heart. A ton of flowers, always coming over to my place, never going there, and so on. He even watched one tree hill with me. But I pushed him away. Not because of exactly who he was, but because I am enjoying being single, doing me, and not worrying about someone else’s emotion. I told him to leave, broke up with him and was dead right honest I wouldn’t give him anymore then what I was doing now. Which was enough for me but not enough for him. And he finally said he was moving on. What I wanted right? Yes, but still being “left” still is like a little smack. 

I was told in boarding school by a wonderful roommate who on the first night, read through me like I was a ghost. She said that I enjoy having boys and people in general near me. Its almost comforting, enough where they are near but not enough so they are close. SO TRUE. I enjoy the small gift of crushing, and cute texts that make me feel good. I think everyone does. The feeling of being wanted and noticed. Probably why I have 3 animals. The feeling of being loved is so dang powerful.

Its like when a person is walking out the door, you just want to help them out a little, whether it be a mean saying or slamming the door behind them. Having the final say, says that you are in control, right? I wish. I have a hard time listening to the wise words of my mother who says “If they can do better they will”. A person is who they are, and I need to be okay that a person is who they are. If they want to do better they will. If I want to lose 30 more pounds I will. But until I find that will inside of me, no one not even Madonna, will make me want to do better unless I truly want to. And that’s okay. If someone chooses to walk out that door, let them. Its not because they are a bad person. They are them. And I have such a hard time letting go of the control. Letting the power go. Next time I wont say “Life is short and so is your penis” (ß- see I want control still), but next time, I will try and take a breath, a deep BIG breath and say, let it go nat, let is go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...