Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Falling Down...

I dont feel much
And I don't sleep
I just lay here
And think
About nothing in particular
Just life
And what it means to me

Falling down
is the best thing that's happened to me
Now I can see

It's beginning to hurt
Turning over with open eyes
And asking what I'm worth
Nothing in particular
That's all I'm worth to me

Falling down...
Falling down...

This song has so many meanings, so many memories. Some good some bad. But memories non the less. And it feels good to have a song that is able to take you away to the memories.

The band, called Weather, was played at my boarding school my junior year. The lead singer was the son of main teachers at the school, who had lost his way, and found that music was the way he was able to express himself. Of course I bought the cd and listened to it over and over, finding that this one particular song was the one that hit home. 

Falling down was the best thing that did ever happen to me. Being sent away with no warning, away from home, friends, going to boarding school far away, coming home to no friends, and being kicked out, and wanting to commit suicide. Falling made me who I am, strong, and alive. The tears, the heartbreaks, the wishing I was somewhere else. It all came back and still does when the song comes on.

I made love to this song, got caught, saw him run away with tears, leaving me falling, asking what I was worth. It may just be life, but its amazing how one song can bring so many treasured memories. Now I can see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...