Sunday, May 1, 2011

Go Find YOUrself


This sounds like something that someone who has no idea who their are themselves would tell someone who is on the journey of finding themselves. I can see Darwin saying this to someone, chuckling to himself that natural selection will get them, because NO ONE can truly find 'yourself'. Yet here we all are, trying to find a piece of who we are. 

I find myself crying realizing my mom is leaving in a week. She will be gone for 5 months or more, leaving me here, alone. She is part of me. When I saw this picture I realize that we take things around us and make them who we are. My mom makes me happy, smile, and helps me realize what unconditional love is. I find myself with the gifts that she gives me...HER. I have gotten her stubbornness, the desire to find new creative ideas and the desire to be like the strong woman she is.

Even my dogs make me who I am. They have allowed me to watch my time and allow for mishaps to come. Lilly just tore through the waste-basket, or Lucy needs to be let out, or given her 5th rawhide which makes me take five minutes of my time that I already didn't have. I am now confident that I am able to sleep on one side of the bed with another person without moving or kicking them off the bed at night because my dogs have taken half of the bed and trained me to stay still the entire night cramped on only 6 inches of bed. They have given me the gift of loving. It takes a certain kind of person to love animals and some humans for that matter. 

Even the people that have hurt my feelings, trampled on me, or can never love me, and never will have helped me find myself. They have given me the gift of realizing that I am strong, and that I am worth more then what they have given me. It is people like my mother, roommate, dogs and others close to me, that help me find who I am, a STRONG, NEVER GIVING UP, WOMAN, and that feels damn good. I know that through the struggles, the winnings, I am going to find more of myself every day, and that you can never truly find yourself, because its a never ending book, and I still have a ton of chapters to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...