Sunday, May 15, 2011

Scars...

Good evening bloggers. WOAH. ITs been a couple days, one of the reasons being blogger has been down. NOT cool. I look forward to writing and then come on and it says its down. I can imagine all of the bloggers now writing getting their minds out on here.

Maybe because I am tired, not sure, but it is 3 o clock and just had a kiddo up. I am exhausted though. Its sad but I count down the hours until morning staff come. I work tomorrow night then I have 5 days off. How exciting.

Quote for the evening:

And I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means I survived.
How true. When I saw this quote it made me think of that lady that got in a car accident because of a drunk driver. You couldn't even tell if it was a girl or not and it looked like the entire process was painful. But she has used her scar as a motive, and a message for drunk driving that is more then enough to make you think twice of getting behind the wheel.

I think of the "scars" I have, and how sometimes I may think they are ugly. I am not sure the exact scars that I have. But I do know that the physical scars tell a story. Each one is a time in my life that I literally fell down or did something that cause a permanent story that was visible to the world. And sometimes the scars fade, but when you look closely you can still see the imperfection, the beautiful disaster that happened. And I am proud of my scars on the inside and outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...