Friday, May 6, 2011

Leave Everything...


At work, and trying to stay awake on only 2 hours of sleep. Its not even one, and I have already taken a caffeine pill and used eye drops. Its a sad sight when your eyes haven't been closed for only 2 hours for over 24 hours. <--- done bitching.

When I was a little girl, I would pack my Barbie backpack, which was super small, with a stuffed animal and a bag full of pretzels and say 'I am leaving and not coming back'. I vividly see my mom saying okay as she was washing the dishes as I marched out of the front door into the Arizona heat. I remember doing this often, especially when I was upset with my mom for saying no. I remember leaving one time, and as I was walking down the street a white dirty car drove down the street and started coming towards me slowly like he was going to run me over. As I look back at it now, I could have vanished. He could have stopped and easily taken me. I remember exactly how I felt, my heart going to the pit of my stomach, as I ran towards the neighbors house. I was only one house away from my house, and I felt that I was never going to see my family again. I remember the guy in the car laughing as he drove away. I dont remember what his intentions were, but I assume they weren't good.

I have never really looked at running away from home quite the same from that point on. Of course everyone wants to drop their sadness, and runaway to somewhere easy, but the sadness will always follow. I have learned the hard way. No matter where you go, whatever you are dealing with will follow. But I know the best place to run to now, is HOME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...