Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So you think you can Dance?

Love the face in the background!!
I look at people who THINK they are good dancers and obviously, they are not. Maybe its the drinks, or the cocky level that is hitting through the roof, but sir please do not thrust and make a face that you really need to take a dump and wink in my direction all at the same time. Those two together do not look well and wont make me want to come and join you.

Even though dancing is just one case I have experienced in college, I have noticed a lot of people THINK they are something and they are not. I am probably sitting in that boat too, but I sit and notice people thinking they know everything, think they know what is best for that person, what color your room should be, even down to the way you should brush your teeth, when really they don't. You know who I am talking about. Everyone has a 'one-upper' in their lives at one time, the einstein that can't be wrong and has an opinion on everything. Its life. But I wonder if they know that. Has someone ever told them?

If I was a horrible dancer and was humiliating myself out there I would HOPE that someone would have the decency to come out and tell me flat out to my face 'Natalie, you can't dance like a slut, so please stop embarrassing us', or something along those lines. Granted if I had a horrible break-up or something of the sorts or too much to drink, then give me some slack, but if it is continual then heaven-almighty someone save me.

I have told some of the know-it alls that they really DON'T know it ALL, and they laugh it off and continue to think they know it all, so its to the point where if someone is happy thinking they know it all, go for it. I wont be able to be around it all the time, but if it works for them and others can stand it then props to them. Maybe that's me, I mean I haven't had anyone say I am a horrible dancer, and I do KNOW that, duh! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...