Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sugar for you Grams


Call me dumb. WAIT. I'm dumb. I beat you to it. But on a serious note, have you ever wondered just what is grams of sugar or salt?

My dad and I would go down the cereal isle in Wal-mart and I couldn't pick something out with too much sugar. Lucky Charms, or Cocoa Puffs with Marshmallows was DEFINITELY out of the question. So we settled with Honey Nut Cheerios with 25% less sugar... lame.

I had always thought that 11g of sugar meant 11 little cubes of sugar was in it. Then I got a little smarter. The serving size said 11g of sugar so that had to mean that 11 cubes of sugar were in my bowl. See where I am going here?

WHAT IS GRAMS? To make it more simpler they could have put on the label 2 cups of sugar like they do with raisin bran only they put 2 cups of raisins. So please let me know what it means while I go back to the cereal isle and beg my dad to get the Cocoa Puffs with Marshmellows.

1 comment:

  1. the wight of a standard paperclip or a dime is about a gram. If that helps at all, oh ps i have lucky charms, cocoa puffs, and fruitloops here :-) perhaps u should venture over and have some :-p

    ReplyDelete

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...