Friday, August 19, 2011

Winter...



When the bold branches
Bid farewell to rainbow leaves -Welcome wool sweaters.
B. Cybrill





A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked.
Anais Nin

When there's snow on the ground, I like to pretend I'm walking on clouds.
Hosaka

There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself.   Ruth Stout

But I am sure that I have always thought of Christmas time, when  it has come around... as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant timel the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seen by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely. -Dikens

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...