Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ain't No Need to go Outside

 Can't you see that it's just raining, aint no need to go outside... 
Oh the famous words of Jack Johnson. The overplayed song of the century that has made ever person yearn to make banana pancakes, and yet I find myself having that song stuck in my head today.

You. Me. In crisp white sheets that were freshly washed that night before. "Waking up to early, maybe we could sleep in". Letting the rain patter on the window, the roof and the porch. The sheer white curtains, letting the storm weather fill the room with grey light that makes white seem so refreshing and clean. Dogs sprawled on the bed as soft snoring of dreams happen.

"Maybe we can sleep in, I'll make you banana pancakes." Walking to the kitchen in an oversized t-shirt and undies making coffee. Running back to bed to the perfect temperature that only happens when its time for you to have to get up, but today I don't have to "cause I love to lay here lazy, we could close the curtains, pretend like there's no world outside." The coffee's done and the perfect time to sit on the porch pull my knees to my chest and drink coffee, smell the rain, feel the cool breeze it brings. Deep breath. Deep breath. "Rain all day, rain all night." I could get used to this.

Back in bed. Coffee on nightstand, sleeping dogs still laying, eyes fluttering. Blogging as it rains, the computer is the only thing that illuminates the room. Put a little soft music, the kind that inspires you to linger a little longer in your bed, yet motivates you to write. Everything is wet outside, the leaves heavy with water. Quiet. Clean. Relaxing. "We got everything we need right here, and everything we need is enough, just so easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...