Saturday, August 13, 2011

What my heart Craves...

RAIN:
The smell as it hits the hot ground. The magic as the sky turns grey and expect it any minute to let go and pour. When your in a house with a tin roof, and it sounds like a huge storm and the gift it brings as you snuggle closer to the ones' you love. The way a city, town, everything around you is in a glum state of being and gives you an excuse to do the same and stay in bed a little longer. The puddles it brings and nothing holding you back from being a kid and jumping and splashing in them. How safe and secure I feel when its pouring inside, my dim light on my night-stand and feeling cherished as I watch the raindrops slide down my window. 
FIRE:
The smell of real burning wood. Makes your home cozy, warm, even when its freezing and hellish outside. It gives you a reason to stay on the couch, to turn on some Nat King Cole and drink hot coffee with extra creamer. I put my pillow up near the warmth and when its nice and hot run to my freezing room to sleep. Fire means Christmas to me, which I love. The idea of having a fire, Christmas music and a lighted Christmas tree all together in one room fills my heart with the most pure jubilance and heaven I could ever want. To me it means family, and invitation to get together and sit around the warmth. If that isn't bliss I am not sure what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...