Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tangled in Hotel Sheets

I love to rearrange and change it up. Not my life. But everything around me. I rearrange my room, new color schemes, to decorations. You name it. I find a vase on sale and will end up spending money on an entire room re-do because I get inspiration from a 3 dollar item. Thank goodness I didn't end up transferring and going into interior design because I would have more techniques and ideas and no funds to do so. Technically I have my own place, but its not ALL mine and I can't necessarily tear down walls or re-tile things.

I would love to get a charming, old house and rebuild it to exactly my standards. Vintage furniture scattered around the house. Flowers in every room, lilacs preferably. Black and white photos of vacations, family, and pets hang about that brings memories no matter where you go. Bright kitchen that makes you want to cook and a black baby grand in the front room so I can play those sweet white keys. Where the carpet is soft and makes evening wrestles less painful and family game nights longer.

My house will have to have a lot of windows so I can put sheer white curtains up. Where Christmas lights adorn the windows gracefully and look beautiful from the street. The family room is where I want my center to be. Comfy couches that mold your body perfectly, that makes watching the Mavs play heaven, and falling asleep to Matt Nathanson and Norah Jones by the fire a nightly ritual. Where blankets grace the back of the couch almost obligating you for snuggle time. The smell of cinnamon rolls in the oven filling the house with hunger, and your dogs by your feet keeping you company.

And an amazing porch, so you can drink wine outside and laugh while enjoying the summer air. Where the stars hang low in the sky, almost reachable. Where friends gather for a barbecue evenings and drunken stories and make you realize just how lucky you truly are. And after a long day, climbing into a bed where the windows are open and the cool breeze and crisp air flow, and fresh clean sheets waiting to be slept in. Out of the shower as goose-bumps appear and you shiver your way into a bed with down-comforter to your chin feeling warmer by the second as you settle in for sweet sweet dreams....

1 comment:

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...