Monday, July 25, 2011

You ARE Special...


Twirling in my tutu, used to be my signature move. Playing Barbies and dress up used to be my passion. Boys had cooties, and girls were princess'. I grew up wanting to be a vet and save all the animals in the world. I was un-stoppable and didn't let ideas get in the way of my dreams, especially love. 

But somehow along the way, those eyes, that smile, and the cologne on boys that I never smelled until I hit high-school, hit me faster then the butterflies that floated to my stomach. I was in love. With boys.  I had pretended to marry a prince while I dressed up in my bride dress when I was 6, but having hundreds of boys that could possibly be "it" in my small messed up highschool, was more then what I bargained for. 

My dad used to say I was 'obsessed' with a guy and couldn't see things straight. Probably true. But man while I was in love, sherbet ice cream was the color of the sunsets that I got to experience with him, fireworks were a nightly thing, and my heart definetly dropped at least once a day when he smiled at me. I captured his heart, as he did mine. It was young love, but man, it was the best love I have ever had.

There was nothing in text books, church groups, or even friends that would have helped me learn the most hardest thing about love... heartbreak. Nobody said that my heart would literally hurt, that I would feel the most insignificant I had ever felt, and the desire to cut off the man-hood of the boy that took my heart. 

I never realized though that what probably hurt the most, was losing my self in the process of losing the one person that you thought was the one you were going to grow old with. Loving someone doesn't mean to stop loving yourself. So many times, I see myself, and others, giving up what they used to treasure so much because love was so powerful. 

Its now finding the love that keep my special-ness alive. I have met some great guys that help me see how dang awesome I am (not that I already dont know) :). I just have to keep dreaming, telling myself that I am special, because as a quote says, "some girls were just born with glitter in their veins".

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...