Sunday, July 17, 2011

alive and sparkling

My grandma asked me last night if I wanted a piece of jewelry now or after she dies. I was kind of thrown off because one doesn't really like thinking of death. She told me she didn't have much precious jewelry but  had a little. Tonight she showed me what I would get, and it was a gorgeous opal. I am still not sure how I feel on whether I want it now or before she dies but I thought I would look an opal gemstone.
It is reported in their legends that the creator came down to Earth on a rainbow, in order to bring the message of peace to all the humans. And at the very spot, where his foot touched the ground, the stones became alive and started sparkling in all the colours of the rainbow. That was the birth of the Opals.
 My birthstone is opal too which is kind of a cool coincidence. The hard part is whether to take it now, or to wait. Death is a huge part to even think about and its sad that she is thinking of giving her things away now. I want her here for more years and taking the jewelry now is almost saying, okay grandma, you can die. I dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...