Friday, July 15, 2011

Grams

I came home tonight, to find my grandma on the couch, which is unusual as she is the busiest 80 year old out there. Did you know she biked from California to Florida, when she was 75? Yep. I know pretty lucky. So as you would assume, I wasn't expecting her to be home on a Friday night.

We spent the time watching the sunset. And talking about my crazy family. I haven't had someone listen to me rant and vent. I told her about my blog and she kept wanting me to read more and more entries. It made me feel so grand that someone wanted to listen to the things that have been written from my heart. I wouldn't want to listen to someone read a ton of entries from the journal or blog, but she did, and that meant a lot to me.

I sit here upstairs listening to the beach, the waves. I am so blessed to have what I have, to be able to experience and be able to come up here. My heart hurts though. Hurts for my family that is so desperately falling apart. I haven't found that person that has been able to understand everything, but my grandma has been the ONLY person that was so interested in what I was feeling. I never saw her as someone that would sit there and listen to me vent, but she did, and it meant the world to me and made me realize that I have so much pain and hurt that no one has truly wanted to hear.

But this is a picture of my amazing spunky grandma. She is so awesome and I strive to live an exciting life like her. If I could have just a small portion of her that lives on in me, I would be the proudest granddaughter alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...