Wednesday, July 13, 2011

No does not mean Maybe


Do you know what the word NO means?
It doesn't mean maybe or keep asking until you get a different answer, it means NO I will not do what you are wanting me to do so please, shut the .... well, you get the picture.

I sit at the nail shop and I get asked if I want a super-de-dooper nail enhancer that will save my nails from the harsh sun, or if I want my eyebrows waxed (is that a sign that I do need them waxed?), or something else that I have to ask them to repeat what they just said because I can't speak chinese. 

Or your significant other. No I am not feeling it tonight babe. (kisses you) Babe, really I am tired. (tries to make gross moaning sounds in your ear) stop it. (keeps doing it) COME ON, did you NOT get the NO which was the first word that came out of my mouth???? 

I understand saying no may be hard for some. I have a hard time saying no to cookie dough, or pizza, or a sale in any store. I can understand where people have confusion and usually give in. But in all seriousness, if the person you are with can't accept your boundaries and your NO, then in my opinion, that should be a big sign for you, NO, NO, NO! 

But my breadsticks just asked if they wanted to be eaten and well, and I still haven't been able to say NO to them...not quite yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...