Friday, July 8, 2011

Technology

Wow, you know how much I take internet for granted. Not necessarily internet but FAST internet. The internet that doesn't take as slow as a slug walking. I would take internet right now that would be a slug running but Michigan doesn't have that kind of service so I am stuck.


Remember the ghetto phones that were huge? The ones that were bigger then our house phones now? Yeah me too. Even though I was too young to have them they were the coolest things. I didn't get a phone until I was 16, I think, maybe 17. I know, I know, kids now have them when they are 5 and I got mine when I was 16?! Rebel child right here. Now kids carry them around and I see little girls being bigger divas then the women on The View. I hear them say
   OH my god I know (giggle giggle)
   I will ask my mom if we can have a sleep-over.

BLAH BLAH. I remember having the house phone, where if someone wanted to talk there was only one phone in the entire house. My parents raised me well, so if someone called I would say "hello this is Natalie" so they knew what kid I was I guess. How about when a boy called? You would be on the phone flirting away and giggling and then your mother would get on:
   Natalie dinner is ready
   me:  MOM!!!!!! OKAY, I am on the PHONEEE.
   Who is it? (my mom in her wondering cutesie tone of voice) Hello?

Then the poor boy who was probably talking about stuff that he wouldn't say to my mom in front of her face and is wondering if she had been ease-dropping on the conversation says
   Its so-and-so Ms. Carleton.

And my mother would butt in on MY conversation, with MY boy crush and ask embarrassing questions.

I really think a teenager who was annoyed with ease-dropping invented the cell phone. Thank the heavens for them. It is truly amazing at how technology has come. I imagine when I have kids they will have invented something that makes me lose more and more connection with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...