Friday, July 22, 2011

How to kill a Goldfish, or a plant in my case.


They say you know you ready to take care of a dog, or baby when you can successfully take care of a plant or a goldfish. I have killed both of my first trials within a week or two. 

I had gone to some carnival as a child, probably for school, and was bound to win a goldfish. You know the ones that look pathetic in the plastic bags, wanting to be shook around like the crazy child in Finding Nemo? I assume I spent every ticket trying to win that fish. And I did. I was the proudest that I had my first pet. I put it in a bowl that we went out and bought, and put it on the ledge in the kitchen. My mother told me the importance of feeding it every day but not too much. I dont think I had it a week until I saw it floating in the water. I dont remember if I cried, I probably bawled, but I do remember flushing it down the toilet. It spun a couple of times around the bowl and went off to fish heaven, which I didn't know was the sewer at the time.

Just a month ago I purchased a plant. I had heard having a plant in your house is not only good for your health but it looks pretty snazzy too. I went to home depot, found a pretty one with a huge white flower. The sales lady told me it was easy to take care of. HAH! She said it was, um, durable? I forget the word, but she said it was a stable plant and wouldn't be that much of a hassle. It looked dang good the first couple of days. The leaves started to change a brown color and I didn't want to lose a plant after two days. I have 3 animals and I have managed to keep them alive, but can't keep a plant alive for more then 3 days? Pathetic. 

Thankfully I have hopefully passed that step because I have kept my animals alive for awhile now and they haven't browned or suddenly laying on their backs like a fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...