Friday, June 24, 2011

This is how the story begins..

This is how the story begins...
I look at the picture above and try to think of what those letters contain. Are the love letters? letters to a daughter or son? or maybe letters that one wanted to send to a lover that they never could get themselves to do.

Letters are still better then a phone call, email or facebook. When you get a letter in the mail its like a little present. Someone thought of you enough to go out and buy a card or sit down to write you a note. Someone thought of just YOU, no one else. 

These days I look in my mailbox and find the boring typed bills that are wanting money or an incentive to give a company money, but when you see a handwritten envelope with your name on it, you do a little dance, at least I do. It makes you feel special and kept in view of someone. Its an unexpected goodie. 

I need to send more letters, let the people that I think of know that they are special to me and that they deserve to be able to do a dance and not always hate going to the mailbox for more bills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...