Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How not to act Old..

I was trying to find something to write about. I was looking on Google and you know how on the side where all the ads are there are these weird crazy pictures trying to sell you something? Well there was something that said along the lines of 'How not to act old'. I got to thinking.



FASHION:
My dad was taking my sister and I out to dinner. As we were standing waiting for him to get ready, he was putting sandals on, with you know what.... SOCKS. Of course if it hadn't been for the fashionista's that my sister and I were, he would of walked right out of the house sporting that look. I would also mention the fact that he can't match navy and black, but I even know that can sometimes be challenging.

My mother, oh my mother.  I love her to pieces, but some of the things that woman wears, only someone with that kind of confidence can pull it off. My sister had gone to goodwill and HUNTED for an ugly sweater for a Christmas party. She found one that wasn't hideous but she knew she could make it look more repulsive and make it the talk of the party. Well she bought buttons, ribbon and made it into something pretty ugly. She walked down the stairs, and what do you know, my mother LOVED the sweater and said she would like to have it after my sister was done if she wasn't planning on keeping it. gag. She has though improved and I will say has been dressing awesome.

So word to the wise, do not wear ugly sweaters and socks with sandals.

ELECTRONICS:

This would be a great thing on not how to act old. Get with it. My dad finally transferred his ghetto flip phone, where you had to press the '2' twice for it to enter the number, for a phone that is more fancier then mine, way to go. He likes to flash it in front of me, tell it commands, and tell me all of the cool things. My mom even got a newer phone, yet she butt dials me constantly. My grandma didn't know how to answer voicemail on her phone so her mailbox was full for awhile until we taught her over a course of a couple of years that pressing '1' will let you hear messages. I am so proud.

Texting is important to not act old. Its so important because nobody talks anymore, we, just as my dad says "tic-a-ti-taking" all the time. My dad would send "ko" all the time when we would tell him where we were. I asked him what 'ko' meant and he said he meant to say ok but if he accidently pushed send it would still be k, which he has learned in the process of not being old, still means okay.

I know I only addressed a miniscule part of not acting old, but I am sure there are many more blogs in the future we can discuss. Hopefully someone told this poor kid, socks are still not cool with sandals :))

1 comment:

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...