Sunday, June 5, 2011

Christmas.... in JUNE!

I have been following a blog, that has many wonderful quotes, and wonderful pictures. I have often reblogged them through my tumblr and find myself spending hours soaking up my time in the wonder. Well I got myself all the way to Christmas and she had awesome pictures of Christmas, lights, snow, trees, and quotes about snowflakes. As anybody would know, Christmas time is my most favorite time of the year. You bet your bottom I go all out on Christmas, and can't wait until Thanksgiving is over to start spreading the Christmas cheer. I decorate top to bottom, even buy scents to fill my house. I love it so much I plan to have some type of lights in my house all year round. Not the ones that are huge multi-colored that have dust on them and are up all year round because someone was too lazy to get them down (I see a lot of this in Michigan), but I want to get the pretty white lights and hang them outside on my veranda. Just the white pristine lights get me every time.


I want to get a dog like this so I can take pictures. I want to have a house covered in snow, where in the day time the tree is lit and you can smell the pine, and at night being able to see your house twinkle and makes you feel warm and happy to be indoors. I want to wear bright colored mittens and enjoy my hot coffee more then I do in the heat in Texas. I want to have a fire burning where the smell makes you want to grab a soft blanket and cuddle on the couch and listen to some Nat King Cole and Andy Williams. Snow angels and seeing my dogs bound in the snow getting snowflakes on their dark noses. Where a warm shower makes your toes burn because you were so cold playing out in the snow building forts and making snowmen. Where the smell of sugar cookies and laughter surround the air. Knowing that even though santa may just be my dad and his cracking of his toes as he puts together a bike or something from IKEA but still wanting to 'catch' Santa and being able to feel like a kid. 

I long for Christmas, every day. I get excited like a kid and I want it to come soon, but hate when it leaves. So even though my roommate hates listening to Christmas music unless its December, I think I am going to bring a little spirit out and get giddy thinking that its only months away :)) dont laugh, I know you want it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...