Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Calm.

You calm me like the soft fingers hitting the cream ivories. Crescendos tiptoe along my skin, creating goosebumps like a cold wet chicken that has be de-featherd, waiting to roast itself in the oven. As soon as it settles in the burning oven, as you do with your breath, as if the sun soaks into my brain, my toes finally feeling what the snow has hidden. Like ice melting onto the pavement, soaking soft leather boots, droplets dancing up and down. Settling into the corner cafe with coffee tingling my fingers, each sip gliding down, filling the spaces that have been trapped by the bitterness of the last snow storm. You create a feeling that hasn't come since plastic smelling, glitter inducing jelly shoes as I wore everyday to elementary school. I dance in the rain, letting the drops hit my eyelashes, my chilled lips, and my blonde hair that turns brown when moisture hits, as if I am in the shower letting the warm water hit my back, sliding down softly, like silk sheets against shaven legs. You calm me. You make me want to breath the cold air, piercing my lungs forming frost, yet allowing me to see my own breath like a cigarette smoke from a hooker. I need you the way summer goes into winter, the way fall creeps into the trees spinning gold and red amongst the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...