Saturday, December 10, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

Come away with me on a jet plane that somehow takes us to the middle of nowhere, where daisies grow in a field like the ocean, where the waves crash together. Hold me til the end, when the world collides like the stars that hang overhead. The glistening that surrounds us like the chandelier that hangs above the family dinner, where people laugh and turkey fills our stomachs. Like hummingbirds that fill my pathless affection that never stop as you continue to look at mine and tell me you love me. The everlasting love that tail-wagger's give you, the way the rain fills the sky, dark blue and grey that hangs low, like the old woman's breasts as she ages. The hand's that intertwine like string into cat's cradle, that feels just right, like lilacs that fill my nose, or the way you run your fingers through your hair as I tuck mine behind my ears. The way horses run through the meadow, you dash through my veins, lighting the fire as the s'mores stick to my tongue, the sweetness overload to my brain. Take me down to the coast where my feet are as free as a butterfly that floats around with the wind, gracefully stopping, drinking the beauty of each rainbow colored flower. Smooth as the cold arctic water that runs over my blood colored toes, making it look like a man's bald head, an ice skating rink as the sun shines down on it creating a slippery slope. As far as I am concerned you are the one for me, the way magnetic letters cling to the fridge, the way a person plays the piano, the black and white keys creating a melody that creates goosebumps that heighten as the climax comes and goes. Just like they come, they depart as the wind takes the fall leaves, the pine needles from the christmas tree that cascade onto the wooden floor, and the way a child says I love you that carries your breath away. Leaving on a big jet plane heading for destiny, come with me and capture existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...