Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dear Future One and Only,

Dear Future One and Only,

As you may find out very early, patience is not one of my best qualities. Though I try, and fail more then once, you're the one thing that I believe and know that patience will be worth it. So many times I wrote in my diary about the "one." Though it was never you I was writing about in the pages of tears and butterflies, I found traits and quirks that have helped me realize that I am going to be totally in love with a person like you.

My mother said that I would have to go through a lot of heartbreaks to get to my prince, and boy was she right. There was a time period where Switchfoot was on repeat for weeks, and Taylor Swift knew exactly what I was going through. I look forward to where all the songs that songs of love and romance will be exactly where I am at, with you by my side. Driving in the car belting out the lyrics of having my heart on fire, and having a joy in my gut all the time because you make me feel like Christmas morning everyday.

I look forward to days laying on the couch with the fire roaring, dogs nestled up on either side and Nat King Cole in the background as we chat about future dreams and places we want to go. I am excited to have your toothbrush next to mine, your shampoo bottle in the shower, and your shirt on the bed that still smells like you. Grocery trips, date nights, and all the in-betweens. I am anxiously ready for you to know what my fears are before I even say anything, yet you continuously challenging me to face them and to jump just a bit higher for my dreams. I want to do the same for you, like a working team, pushing each other to be what they pictured themselves as a little child... a superstar.

As I go through life, waiting for you to come, I am searching for you, weeding through the men, hoping you will stick onto me somehow like honey or dog hair. Its hard to sit and just be content where I am right now. Everyone around me is finding their "one" and as I noted above, I can get impatient. But I won't settle. I won't, especially since you are out there. I will keep dancing on that dance floor, not sitting on the sidelines waiting, because I love to discover all the wonderful things of life, and I like to take everything to the limit. God told me as a little girl that I can dance with him as long as I want, and when a man comes along that loves God more then he loves me, and has to seek him before he seeks me, that God will be okay with letting his princess dance with a man that will have my heart's best interest. My heart is fragile, passionate, and changes' lives, and knowing that you will carry it close to yours makes me feel assured that forever is going to be heaven.

So until you come and sweep me off my feet, I will remember that you are out there, waiting for me as I am waiting for you, and though my patience will wavier at times, knowing that you are not giving up or settling, I can go dance for a few more songs until you cut in.

Love,
your future one and only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...