Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Work

There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva -Josh Groban

So I am going to be struggling this entire week. I work everyday 2-6 at a JCC as a counselor for kids after school. Not a bad job, just non stop yelling and chaos. I swear the teachers feed em candy right before they let em go, just to show us/their parents this is what they deal with every day. 

My other job is working overnights at a treatment center for kiddos who have been abused or neglected. I really like this job. With the occasional outburst or crisis at night because they can't sleep and rather test limits, its a do laundry, work on my computer, see em in the morning when they are sweet kinda job.

BUT, its going to be hard for me to stay awake, and to stay not sick. My immune system is already waiting for me to test it, so I am sure by tomorrow I will be sick once again. So today I work 2-6, drive and hour home then drive an hour back to work 10-7:30 am. Then only to drive back the next day sleep hopefully and do it all over again. This is what it is going to look like ALL stinking week. 

I am just going to cross my fingers, say a prayer and just look forward to being able to an entire week only working the 2-6 job, and moving in my new apartment next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My toddler willingly holds my hand. He reaches out and pats my shoulder as we lay in bed next to each other.  Its as if he is waiting for m...